Saturday, November 13, 2010

Welcome

My intention is to develop a site where those that teach biology at the secondary or college level can share ideas and concerns.  I teach biology at a regional university, ETSU in east Tennessee.  My courses range from a freshman level course designed for pre-service K-6 teachers to biology major courses in Cell Biology and Molecular Biology.  I have been involved in several externally funded grants related to developing curriculum, especially curriculum where math and biology has been integrated.  I was recently recognized for my commitment to teaching with both the College of Arts and Sciences Outstanding Teaching Award and the University Distinguished Faculty Award in Teaching for 2010/2011.

Join me as we explore how we can continuously improve our teaching of biology, one of the most dynamic disciplines of the 21st century!

No comments:

Post a Comment